Sider

mandag 18. april 2011

You make the music in me

Dette er eit innlegg eg har brukt ganske så lang tid på, og likevel kunne eg ha fortsatt langt inn i evigheita. Har lenge tenkt på det med å lage eit eige der eg (som brukar litt for mykje tid på å leve i fantasiane som kjem til meg via musikken) skriv ned nokre av dei etter mi meining finaste sanglinjene gjennom alle tider. Her er resultatet. 

(Eg er ikkje så veldig flink til å finne fram til kven som eigentleg har opphavsrett til ein song. Og sidan eg uansett har ein tendens til å høyre på coverlåtar (og deira endring frå originalen kanskje utgjer akkurat det som eg synest er så fint) er det desse eg kjem til å forholde meg til).
 



There are heroes in the seaweed
There are children in the morning
They are leaning out for love
And they will lean that way forever
While Suzanne holds the mirror
"Suzanne" av Leonard Cohen
 



And now I know
that there's a link between the two:
Being close to craziness
and being close to you
"Closest Thing To Crazy" av Katie Melua



I build walls with happiness
Build walls with pain
And with things beyond my understanding
But through all of that
You say "lady of my life
Lady of my life, will you follow me"
"Lady Of My Life" av Maria Solheim


Denne uro uro er ein gnist
som tenner opp bålet
og blir ein brann til sist.
Denne uro er ein del
av livet eg har levd i.
For den som setter alt på spel
har ein uro i sjel.
"Denne uro" av Helene Bøksle



He grabs my wrists
As my fingers turn into angry fists
And I whisper, "why can't you love me, I'll change for you
I'll play the part"
"Sorry" av Maria Mena
 

Men det äter upp dig 
när du ligger i din säng.
Åh gud det gör så ont 
att nåt så nära kan va så långt bort.
 "Kom igen, Lena" av Håkan Hellström
 

And Jesus was a sailor
When he walked upon the water
And he spent a long time watching
From his lonely wooden tower
And when he knew for certain
Only drowning men could see him
He said "All men will be sailors then
Until the sea shall free them"
"Suzanne" av Leonard Cohen


And if the chance should happen
That I never see you again
Just remember that
I'll always love you
"A Minor Incident" av Badly Drawn Boy


You're beautiful, so silently
It lies beneath a shade of blue
It struck me, so violently
When I looked at you

But others pass, they never pause
To feel that magic in your hand
To me you're like a wild rose
They'll never understand
"I Cried For You" av Katie Melua


I could have been someone

Well so could anyone 
You took my dreams from me
When I first found you

I kept them with me, babe
I put them with my own
Can't make it all alone
I built my dreams around you

"Fairytale of New Work" av The Pogues

 


I can't live
With or without you
"With Or Without You" av U2



Sometimes I believe in fate
But the chances we create
Always seem to ring more true
You took a chance on loving me
I took a chance on loving you
"If You Were A Sailboat" av Katie Melua




You think your days are ordinary
And no one ever thinks about you
But we're all the same
And she can hardly breathe without you

"She Has No Time" av Keane



Säg, är det långa nätters fara
att se det man vill se
och var den man vill vara
"Långa Nätter" av Melissa Horn

Lykka starta aldri ein revolusjon
men stulla i hagen og raka i tun
"Lykkeliten" av Odd Norstoga

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in. 
"Anthem" av Leonard Cohen


Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

What can you see
On the horizon?
Why do the white gulls call?
Across the sea
A pale moon rises
The ships have come to carry you home

And all will turn
To silver glass
A light on the water
All souls pass

"Into the West" av Annie Lennox



And all of this world
Is for children who play
Days that never end
always should remain
"Perfect Day" av Miriam Stockley



It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word

And then that word grew louder and louder

'Til it was a battle cry

I'll come back

When you call me
No need to say goodbye

"The Call" av Regina Spektor


But the sun's been quite kind
While I wrote this song
It's for people like you 
That keep it turned on
"Your Song" av Elton John


 
This is the land of a thousand words
But it seems so few are worth the breath to say
Except I'll be looking after my own world
And you just keep on saving the day
I'll try to stay but it's in vain when you're far
I'm on the run to wherever you are


"Land Of A Thousand Words" av Scissor Sisters

 
It's a major minor detail
Like erasing that old ghost trail
So one day I can be with you
"Minor Detail" av Sondre Lerche



Daylight licked me into shape
I must have been asleep for days
And moving lips to breathe his name
I opened up my eyes
 

I found myself alone alone
Alone above a raging sea
That stole the only boy I loved
And drowned him deep inside of me

You, soft and only

You, lost and lonely
You, just like heaven


"Just Like Heaven" av Katie Melua

You'll remember me when the west wind moves
Among the fields of barley
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky
When we walked in fields of gold

So she took her love for to gaze awhile

Among the fields of barley
In his arms she fell as her hair came down
Among the fields of gold

"Fields Of Gold" av Eva Cassidy





Og så, kanskje den vakraste av dei alle: 

Mothers have woven a black velvet ocean
And spread it between the night and day shores
So that children might sleep, gently rocked by the motion
Of waves beneath boats built by fathers like yours



With you safe aboard by the shore we will linger
And watch as your breathing it fills up the sail
You loosen the moorings, your grip on our finger
And leave on the velvet a silvery trail




Alone on the shore with our heart close to breaking
We stand in the wake as you glide from our reach
Calmed by the thought that the voyage you're taking

Will bring you at dawning back safe to this beach


 
We cannot sail with you, be there to guide you
Or pilot your boat through the black of the night
But no ocean can keep you, no darkness can hide you
Away from our love and its undying light


"Lullaby To Erle" av Silje Nergaard

7 kommentarer:

  1. jeg er så veldig glad i deg.

    SvarSlett
  2. Skulle egentlig ikkje innom dataen før eg skulle på jobb. Men så var det så stille i huset, alle søv - utenom meg.
    Og fem minutt for meg sjølv ved kjøkkenbordet, vart magiske fem minutt med ditt innlegg June.

    Eg kan høyre den samme songen opp igjen ein heil kveld berre fordi ei tekstlinje treff så innmari i hjartet.

    Har forresten lyst å anbefale deg ei bok, mulig du allerede har lest den men skitt au. "Primtallenes ensomhet".

    No kan eg gå på jobb. :)

    SvarSlett
  3. Annika: Er så veldig glad i deg óg <3 og saknar deg!

    Hege: Tusen takk! Eg óg er slik som du, høyrer ein song opp att og opp att til eg nesten høyrer den ihel (når det er slik, prøvar eg å legge inn i alle fall éin song imellom slik at eg ikkje bruker den opp :P)
    Takk for lesetips! Har ikkje lese den boka, men meiner eg har lese ei god anmelding av den som gjorde at eg fekk lyst. Har først den på leselista mi!

    SvarSlett
  4. fint innlegg.
    åh, jeg kjenner det er lenge siden jeg har hørt lullaby to erle. den er så nydelig.

    SvarSlett
  5. Du tar så utrolig fine bilder, at herlighet... Jeg liker ideene og komposisjonene dine :) Ingenting er som gode, gjennomførte bilder å hvile øynene på. Du er FLINK!

    SvarSlett
  6. Charlotte: Tusen takk! Ja, ikkje sant den er? Kjekt at du kjenner til den, det er ikkje så ofte eg opplever :)

    Trine: Tusen takk skal du ha! Er veldig kjekt å høyre, spesielt med tanke på at eg har null peiling på foto, og tek bileter ut frå umiddelbare kjensler (når eg ser noko eg har lyst til å forevige) og ingenting anna :)

    SvarSlett
  7. Vakkert innlegg, June. Du tek utrulig flotte bilete. Du legg liksom merke til små, vakre detaljar i det kvardagslege som ikkje andre tenker over at er vakkert før dei ser det på bileta dine. Du har eit meget observant blikk. Stå på, gode jenta mi <3

    SvarSlett